Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Ruts

First and foremost, I’d like to apologize for not posting for a while. A couple of weeks ago, I was on fire and posted six in a two-week span.


Lately, however, I feel that every new post I try to put together has, “something missing”. I know the ideas are solid, but I feel they need a little more time to brew.

To put it simply, I’ve found myself in a rut (Hopefully, I’ll eventually get the other posts written to my satisfaction, and you’ll see many new posts).

While I struggled with that, I realized that writing and Jiu-Jitsu have a lot in common – at least for me. Sometimes writing comes easy. Other times, I hate what I write.

My BJJ game is much the same way. Sometimes everything comes easy – I’ll rip through guards if I’m on top, or easily sweep my opponents if I’m on the bottom. Other times I find myself in a BJJ rut. I’ll go a week or more without even passing any of my opponents’ guards – maybe even getting swept and/or submitted.

I guess the best way to phrase is it, “RUTS HAPPEN”.

When things are going good, it’s easy to write and/or train, but I’ll admit that the easy days are few and far between - at least when it comes to training at ECU. If you show up at an advanced class at ECU, you'd better be prepared for some of the most-intense training on the East Coast. When things get tough, we need to keep going. It’s a fact that because I keep writing/training, I’ve become a better writer, and an ECUBJJ Purple Belt.

I thank everyone for reading. Comments and suggestions are still welcome.

I wish you well.

PS: If anyone reading this still has a chance to attend the Jared Weiner seminar on Saturday January 15, I suggest you sign up now. Size is limited to twenty. I made sure I was one of the first five.


No comments:

Post a Comment